At Rocket Eyewear, we’re on a mission to create high-quality eyewear products that fit and flatter a diversity of face shapes while building a Singaporean brand for the world!
Since 2017, Rocket Eyewear has grown from a simple idea inspired by our mother's knack for losing her sunglasses on trips into a profitable little business with global reach.
On the back of a single frame shape, which we make in two fits, three sizes and 40 colourways, we have served tens of thousands of customers in over 30 countries, with the U.S. being our largest and fastest-growing market.
Having found product-market fit — our sunglasses have garnered almost 2,000 five-star ★★★★★ reviews online — we're looking to expand and excited to invite you to join us on our mission!
What we're looking for
This year, as we embark on an ambitious plan to 10X our business within the next three years, we're looking to form an operations team focused on “delivering happiness” (a term coined by the late Tony Hsieh, former CEO of online shoe giant Zappos) to our customers.
What you'll do
Unlike other companies, we perform all our fulfillment in-house because we believe in setting the highest standards in customer service and product quality.
As Operations Manager, you will develop and deliver an outstanding customer service experience from the moment a customer places an order with us to the time they receive their order and beyond, all the while managing inventory to meet demand.
From advising customers on fit and size to ensuring our frames are in perfect condition to ship, you will be the reason people around the world buy Rocket Eyewear products with confidence.
- Create shipments for local orders on NinjaVan and international ones using DHL, FedEx or Singapore Post, depending on the location
- Inspect, adjust and pack frames before hand-off to our delivery partners
- Coordinate custom prescription orders with our partner optical labs
Customer Service (largely email-based)
Have you ever bought a pair of glasses or sunglasses online? It can be risky because you never know how it’s going to fit. Your role will be to help our customers make the right decision — even if it means not buying from us!
- Review orders and offer proactive pre-fulfilment customer support to facilitate a happy purchase and build trust with our customers
- Advise customers on fit and size if they want to try on our frames in-person at our office
- Process exchanges and returned orders
- Manage stock levels to ensure we have enough to meet direct customer demand
- Coordinate off-site stock levels with our retail partners to ensure they have enough to meet demand
- Order replenishments from our manufacturing and packaging partners
- Issue invoices to retail partners for consignment and wholesale sales
- Review bills from logistics and supplier partners
Who you are
We care more about what you CAN do than what you have done in the past! We’re looking for a fast-learner who is proactive and resilient (you bounce back from adversity).
That said, some experience is a plus, and ideally, for this role:
- An excellent command of written English because you will be interacting with people all over the world by email
- A conversational level of Mandarin to communicate with our manufacturers
- Attained at least a bachelor's degree
- Experience with Google Suites, especially Google Spreadsheets
- Familiarity with adjusting eyewear (don’t worry — you can always learn on the job)
And you are:
- A problem solver
- A people person
- Someone who enjoys hands-on work
- Someone who likes routine and structure
Full-time | Singapore-based
What we can offer
- An open, flexible environment and culture to help you produce your best work
- Hands-on exposure to all aspects of lean supply chain management — how a small company delivers product to customers all over the world.
- A seat at the table where your voice counts, and your impact is far-reaching
Interested in this role?
To apply, please email your resume to ming[at]rocketeyewear.com and include a short blurb about why you are applying so that we can learn more about you. Thank you!
P.S. If marketing is more up your alley, click here.